The Rosary is a meditative prayer that is based in scripture. There are twenty mysteries in total to meditate upon in the Rosary. These twenty mysteries are divided into four categories of five mysteries each.
The four categories and each of the mysteries are as follows:
JOYFUL MYSTERIES (Monday & Saturday)
- Annunciation (Humility)
- Visitation (Love of Neighbor)
- Nativity (Poverty of Spirit)
- Presentation in the Temple (Purity of Mind and Body)
- Finding of Jesus in the Temple (Obedience)
SORROWFUL MYSTERIES (Tuesday & Friday)
- Agony in the Garden (Accepting God’s will)
- Scourging at the Pillar (Purity)
- Crowning with Thorns (Courage)
- Carrying of the Cross (Fortitude)
- The Crucifixion (Forgiveness)
GLORIOUS MYSTERIES (Wednesday & Sunday)
- Resurrection (Faith)
- Ascension (Hope)
- Descent of the Holy Spirit (Loving Charity)
- Assumption (Grace of a Happy Death)
- Coronation of Mary, Queen of Heaven (Devotion to Jesus through Mary)
LUMINOUS MYSTERIES (Thursday)
- Baptism of the Lord (Gratitude for the git of Faith)
- Wedding at Cana (Fidelity)
- Proclamation of the Kingdom (Desire for Holiness)
- Transfiguration (Spiritual Courage)
- Institution of the Eucharist (Love of our Eucharistic Lord)
STEP BY STEP
- While holding the crucifix, make the sign of the cross and say "The Apostle's Creed."
- On the first bead near the crucifix, pray the "Our Father" prayer.
- On each of the next three beads, pray the "Hail Mary" prayer for an increase of faith, hope, and love/charity. (Total of three "Hail Mary" prayers)
- On the chain, pray the "Glory Be" prayer.
- On the next bead (preceeding the centerpiece), announce the first mystery t o be meditated upon and then pray the "Our Father" prayer. This begins the first decade.
- On each of the next ten beads, pray the "Hail Mary" prayer while meditating upon the first mystery. (Total of ten "Hail Mary" prayers)
- Upon completion of the first decade, pray the "Glory Be" prayer on the chain. (Note: Many Catholics also pray "The Fatima Prayer" after each mystery as requested by the Blessed Virgin Mary at Fatima.)
- Begin the next mystery on the following bead and repeat the process (announce mystery, pray "Our Father" prayers, pray ten "Hail Mary" prayers, and "Glory Be" prayer) for each remaining decade.
- Upon completion of all five decades, pray the "Hail, Holy Queen" prayer.
- Finish the Rosary by saying the following and making the sign of the cross at the end: "Pray for us, O holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ."
FIND THE PRAYERS HERE BY CLICKING ON THE LINKS BELOW:
Support our work and get this beautiful printable or print of How To Pray The Rosary from Christian Catholic Shop.
Get a high quality PRINT (high quality hard copy professional print mailed to you) by CLICKING HERE.